Sunday 17 April 2016

Welcome to my Mega Mansion!

Welcome to my blog!

This is where I will show of some of my creations that are up on the gallery. I will list their names if you maybe want to find them. I'll also post step-by-step pics about how I build some of my lots for anyone that might have trouble building sometimes. I know when I started building in the Sims 4 all my houses were just plain squares :) I spent hours looking for videos and blogs online that showed me how to make my lots more interesting and original. I'm definitely not the best out there and still learn something every time I watch a new building video. Hopefully this blog will be helpful to new builders or anyone who just doesn't want to build and are looking for houses that are already done and ready to go up on the gallery.


To start of I want to show you guys one of my most popular build's on the Sims 4. You can find it on the gallery under my profile ChrissieYork or by it's nameP: Mega Mansion {I know not very original :) }


I never thought people would enjoy my builds, but after this house appeared on a popular YouTube channel people started asking me to build their houses as well.This mansion has 5 large bedrooms and a baby's room, 5 en suites and 2 half baths on the ground floor. It also has 2 living rooms, a very large kitchen-dining room, office and gym. Because of the sheer size of the build I'm only going to show a few of the rooms.



When I built this house I was thinking about how I could make this look like some place where a very wealthy Sim family would live: my answer was to make it big and elegant and something that always adds a great touch of elegance is a double storied foyer with amazing hanging chandeliers. I wanted the foyer and the rest of the house to have a feeling of opulence while still being modern.






This is two views of one of the living rooms. I went for a dark blue theme in this one to make it look a little more structured and formal, while in the other one I went for purple to make it look a bit more playful and relaxed.




Here's a view of the study/ office and the gym. Both look very modern and comfy. Perfect for sims whether they want to grab a book and relax, do some painting or get their fitness on.



Opposite the gym on the other side of the foyer is the only bedroom on the ground floor. I styled this one to look very girly with the idea in mind that this could be a room for a popular teenage girl. Through the arch there is a walk in closet and through the door there is a full bathroom.




Here is the kitchen and the dining room. I made it only one room to keep with the modern feel of the house. I also used a blue theme for this room just because it looked the most elegant to me, especially with the gold, black and white touches. I put in a large bar opposite the kitchen area for when your sims are having a dinner party and don't want to miss out on the conversation when they want to have a drink :)





Here we have the back patio and pool area. I built this to look very modern and put in a lot of seating so that your sims can gather and enjoy themselves. They can take a dip in the pool or maybe in the hot tub, enjoy a drink or grill something for the family. I love the idea of getting together with friends and enjoying an afternoon outside, and on this patio you can do it in style.


There are 2 master bedrooms on the second floor. This is my personal favorite, the style is very purple, the other one is styled in blue and is a bit more structured. Both have a large walk in closet with large en suite bathrooms.
There's 4 large bedrooms upstairs. Two of them are master suites and the other 2 are bedrooms for girls {my family that lived here had only girl children. sorry :)} but they could easily be converted to fit boys. They also have their own en suites. Then there is a large nursery room that doubles as a play room for children.


If you go through the double doors in the nursery you come out on the balcony that overlooks the patio and the pool in the backyard. This is the perfect place for sims to do some yoga, paint, meditate or just sit and enjoy the  amazing view. There is also a door that leads off to the houses private sauna.


This is just a top down view of both the upstairs and downstairs. Just so that you can see where everything is.


Well guys I hope you liked this house. Please leave me a comment with your opinion about the blog and house. I'm still very new to blogging so any tips are welcome! Let me know what you guys would like to see next or if you would like me to build a house for one of your Sims.

XoXoX

Chrissie
















1 comment:

  1. oh wow!!! WELL DONE CHRISTINE, I would love to learn to build like this. I love the colors and the way you decorated the house, inside and outside. I really think this is outstanding work. Good luck with the blogging, I dont think there really is something to it but then, that's me, havent had a blog yet. :)

    ReplyDelete