Thursday 21 April 2016

Small Modern House

Hi everyone!

Today I thought I'd share another house that was a requested build for someone on the gallery. If you want to download this house for yourself it's up on the gallery under Small Modern Comission {yeah I just realized I spelled commission wrong :) } but that's how it's named on the gallery too.

So let's get started!



For the overall design of the house I tried to keep it super modern. To make the roof look more interesting I put in glass skylights over entrance, dining room and also over both bedrooms. The color theme on the outside I kept very light with lots of bright plants both in the front yard and also in the backyard. This is one of the smaller builds I've done in a while so I tried to keep the shape and layout as simple and modern as possible.



This is a shot from the front door where you can see the entire living room and a piece of the skylight right over the entranceway. I tried to keep the inside of the house as neutral and light as possible with pops of red in the curtains, some of the furniture and some of the lights as well. The living room is nice and open and flows into the kitchen and dining room. The archway leads to the hallway where the bedrooms and gym room are.



This just shows a view of the dining room and part of the kitchen from the living room. I kept the same color scheme that I used in the living room. When I built this house I was left with a huge open space between the kitchen area and the living room, so I just put in a grand piano, because you know why not? ;)




I really love the pale blue color of the kitchen with the dark marble of the floor, I just think the cupboards stand out while not being to overwhelming. The dining room as just off the kitchen and is rather small because this house was meant for a small family of maybe two or three. I just love that the dining room as floor-to-ceiling windows around all the walls, that give you a great view of the front gardens.



This house has two large bedrooms and both have their own bathrooms. I apologize for all the pink in this room, but the family that was going to live here had only one daughter so I built this room especially for her. It has absolutely every thing a girl could ever need. There's also another view of one of the skylights right over the bed with large windows to either side of the bed. This house has a lot of windows because I wanted it to look very open and modern.




The master bedroom is a large room that I tried to keep a light and neutral color. There's a dresser/vanity wall for your female sim and a curved desk for when they bring their work home with them :) This room also has a skylight over the bed and windows on either side to give as much natural light as possible to the room. The master bathroom has its own walk-in closet. I tried to keep this rooms color scheme as close as possible to the master bedrooms, with white, pale blue and some pops of dark blue in the curtains. It also doesn't have a lot of clutter and looks very minimalistic to keep to the modern theme of the rest of the house.




There wasn't a lot of room left in the backyard once the house was done, but I managed to put in a small pool and a decent sized patio with everything you family could need to spend a relaxing afternoon outside. You have to go through the gym to get to the backyard. I didn't show the gym because there really isn't that much to see. Around the corner from the back door you have a fire pit and grill. There's also an outside chess table. The roof over the grill is another skylight, but I put some plant over the top and on the sides of it so that it looks like a living green canopy over the grill.


Well guys that's the basically the entire house. Hope you guys like it! If you did or if you have any request or suggestions as to what I should build next, please leave me a comment down below.

Happy Simming
XoXoX
Chrissie




No comments:

Post a Comment