Monday 18 April 2016

Before & After: Goth Manor

Hi everyone!


I thought I'd start this new mini-series {or at least that's the way I think of it}. It's called Before & After and in it I will remodel some {if not all} of the in-game houses and community lots that Maxis built. I think it will be interesting and fun to do. I'll post a few before & after pics and just talk about what I changed and why.OK, so let's jump on in!

I thought I'd start with one of the families that have been in every Sims game since the first game; The Goths.

The outside before.

The outside after.

On the outside I wanted to make it look a little lighter with some dark brown columns and railings because the original outside just looked a little dull to me with only black and dark grey everywhere. I changed the window colors to a darker brown and also expanded the top tower a bit to give it more of an interesting shape. I also added a few more plants in the back and in the front with a lighter more vibrant green color.
The hallway before.

The hallway after.
For the hallway I changed the walls to a little lighter looking red and changed the marble on the floor to a chequered black and white. I also added a big chandelier detail at the bottom of the staircase. The overall color scheme I used for the hallway is a dark blue and red with black wood accents.


The living room before.

The living room after.
I tried to keep to the old Victorian style as much as possible everywhere in the house. I kept with the same theme of dark red, blue and black wood in the living room as in the hallway. I added a lot of plants and flowers and moved the piano from upstairs down to the living room. I also added a flagstone detail to the floor around the fireplace and put a stone detail on the wall behind it with two columns at the ends.


The dining room before.

The dining room after.

I changed the colors in the dining room to blue to fit in with the hallway and living room. I also added a fireplace and a very opulent chandelier over the table that added a lot of light to the room.


The kitchen before.

The kitchen after.

The original kitchen looked a little washed out and the red curtains stood out way to much for me. I changed the floor and also the walls to something I would like to have in my kitchen :) I kept the cupboards the same color just added some more of them and rearranged them. I added some more chairs to the little breakfast nook and decided on a cream color to lighten things up a bit.


The upstairs landing before,

The upstairs landing after.
Before the landing was very empty looking for my tastes and since I moved the piano downstairs I added a TV and turned it in a kind of mini-lounge. I also added a computer in here and kept to the dark blue and red theme from downstairs.


The upstairs bathroom before.

The upstairs bathroom after.

For the upstairs bathroom that's mainly for the kids use, I made it a little smaller and a lot lighter in color, while still trying to keep to the Victorian style of the rest of the house. I changed the floor to a mosaic black tile that's one of my favorite tiles in-game and the walls to a red tile. I also redid the downstairs guest bathroom but since it's so small I didn't post pics of it.


Cassandra's bedroom before.

Cassandra's bedroom after.

Cassandra's room was a really great purple color so I decided to keep the color and style all the furniture in purple. I changed the walls to a light pink so that the room didn't look so morbid. I put in all new furniture including bed, desk, couch, bookcase, dresser and even added an easel. Now it looks like a bedroom I would love to have!


The master bedroom before.

The master bedroom after.
The original master bedroom looked really dull to me, so I changed the bed to black and white and then I put a lot of red accents in the room. The couches in-front of the windows I changed to a light grey color to match the bed. Since Bella looks like a really vain Sim I added a lot of mirrors in the room. Also adding some art on the walls made all the difference to the room!


The master bathroom before.

The master bathroom after.

The original master bathroom just looked really empty to me and nothing like what I would think a master bath would look like. So, I changed the floor to a black marble tile and the walls to a nice red color. I added a few pops of green to the towels and the curtains just to break up the red and black theme of the room. Now it really looks like a bathroom that Mortimer and Bella would have {at least to me}.


Alexander's bedroom before.

Alexander's bedroom after.

Alexander's room just looked way wrong to me so I changed basically everything in it. I expanded the room to make it into a little more of an interesting shape. I changed the walls to a blue instead of a red, because that just looked better to me. I added a desk, dresser and bookcase for him, also a potions table because that just seemed like something he'd have in his room. :)




OK, so that was most of the changes I made to the house. I left out the guest bathroom as well as the backyard pics, because they're not that big. I hope you guys like this remodel. If you want to download this and put it in your game, it's up on the gallery under Goth Manor Remodeled.


As always any comment or suggestions are welcome!
XoXoX
Chrissie




5 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Keep going girl, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey its me from lifesimmers video
    u are so talented
    im so jelly caz im only good at creating sims u are so amazing
    keep up the good work
    ill definitely use ur creations in my game
    love from Botswana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really means a lot to me! Thanks a lot! <3

      Delete
  3. I love your decorations and specially the idea of "Before & After" mini series.Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! If you have any ideas for which house or community lot I should renovate next, please let me know!

      Delete